I am a spiritual life coach, LGBT inner advocate, student of life and teacher of all things I learn.
My purpose is to reconnect folks with their spirituality or help them to find it for the first time.
A lot of my work focuses on the LGBT community, as so many of us have a negative association with religion and/or spirituality because of the messages we heard growing up.
My basic beliefs can pretty much be summed up in all the work I do:
- We all played on the same playground is the way I see it. There were certain messages we heard growing up that we either consciously or subconsciously latched onto. As a result, we developed certain belief systems from which we operate our lives.
- Awareness is the first step. It’s through our awareness that we develop the willingness to make lasting change in our lives.
- Life is an inward journey. Whatever our background is, no matter where we come from or what we believe in, we are all on a road trip to love and it’s a journey that begins WITHIN.
- Self-love is the most important thing we can do and it’s the reason we are here.
- Our lives are a direct reflection of the quality of questions we are willing to ask ourselves.
- We ALL have something to contribute and deserve to be loved. Why? Because we exist.
- We are ALL healing. When we heal ourselves, we help heal the world.
- Community, connection and conversation. Having deeper conversations gives people the permission to connect and it’s through our connection that we build community.
- Specific to the LGBT community - I believe that even if someone comes out of the closet and is an “out and proud” gay person, they still consciously or unconsciously deal with the messages from the playground. That stuff just doesn’t go away and unless we really look at it, talk about it, and heal it, it’s going to play out in our lives, our relationships, and our choices. Coming out of the closet is necessary and healing ourselves from the past is a very honorable and personalized experience. It takes courage and vulnerability, but the payoff is absolutely worth it.
© Copyright 2017 Chris Tompkins. All Rights Reserved. Design & hosting provided by CTGdigital.